Tuesday, February 26, 2008

It's so Rainy

Today is the first day that I've seen it rain. It rained a little last night, but this is a complete down pour. I'm still planning on taking the bus to the Smithfield shops though because I need to pick up a few necessities. It's been a pretty low-key day full of welcome sessions and library/campus tours...so I could use a little trip. Also, the only option for lunch today was some type of red meat (I only eat white meat) so I am very hungry too. I am happy though because I got to hold a juvenile freshwater crocodile today! There was a representative from the Cairns Zoo on campus today and he was letting people hold the croc. Its skin wasn't nearly as rough and hard as it looks...it was quite soft to hold actually. His mouth was taped shut of course, so he wouldn't bite me. Little encounters with my favorite animals like that just make my day.

No comments: